Water Quality in Zoos
In recent years, WAZA and other zoo related organizations are focusing more on water quality in zoos. It is now globally understood that even the animals that their survival is not depending on water quality, they feel happier when surrounded with proper water features. Such animals are hippopotamus, elephants, tigers, penguins, polar bears, crocodiles and many other. Pannon Park of the Budapest Zoo is one of the facilities that will be constructed to comply with most strict standards.
MAT’s expertise in zoo water management is reassuring trouble free operation and highest standards of animal welfare as per WAZA standards. MAT currently is cooperating with the specialty subcontractor Fudopark & General Contractor Market in this prestigious project. The design works are currently under revision and installation works will be commencing very soon. Various facilities at the Pannon Park are expected to be delivered in several stages and will be available to the general public until the end of the decade.
The project consists of 21 Life Support Systems of different volumes that range between the 8 m³ and 3000 m³. They will support from the Coral Pool to the Shark Pool and from the Manatee Exhibit to the Otter Exhibit among others. MAT’s work scope is to provide detailed hydraulics and biological filtration design. Moreover we will specify the specialty MEP components, supply and install the Life Support Systems of the existing and new aquatic animal and aquarist exhibits in the Biodome and the Zoo.
Aquarium Filtration Services
MAT has been involved in:
- the Electro-Mechanical Design of Life Support Systems
- the Incoming & Effluent Water Treatment
- Salt Water Mixing,
- Backwash Recovery System
- Equipment Manufacturing & Supply
- Automation & SCADA design as well as,
- the Installation and Commissioning services of the project.
Aquarium Filtration Equipment
The full range of equipment includes:
- Protein skimmers,
- complete compact filtration units,
- pressurized media filters,
- drum filters,
- screen filters,
- automatic pre-filters,
- biological filters,
- de-nitrification filters,
- calcium supply systems,
- UV disinfection units,
- ozone disinfection systems,
- salt-water resistant pumps,
- titanium heat exchangers control boards,
- water parameter analysis probes with smart transmitters,
- SCADA system,
- PP pre-fabricated balance tanks along with
- auxiliary equipment and items which will cover all the needs of a life support and filtration systems for all the water bodies in the zoo.
PANNON PARK – TIMELINE
Budapest Zoo Construction
More information and photos will be available soon, Stay tuned!
Get in touch with us to discuss the future or the current status of your running project. Find out how MAT can assist you in public aquariums, public swimming pools and aquaparks.