MBBR Technology – Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor
This is an advanced biological reactor for aquaculture and aquarium wastewater treatment. MAT Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR). Moving Bed technology presents several operational advantages, compared to other conventional LSS biological treatments. Smaller biological reactor volumes and smaller secondary settling surface are needed in order for bacteria slime to settle and nourish.
Scientifically proven results indicate that a properly designed MBBR Technology with polyethylene media as Biofilm carrier possess great potential to be used for OMS removal from aquaculture wastewater. The moving bed Biofilm process may be used as an ideal and efficient option for the total nutrient removal from a closed circuit aquaculture or public aquarium waste water treatment.
Advantages of MBBR Moving Bed Biofilm Processes
The MBBR is a complete mix, continuous flow through process which combines the advantage of fixed film and suspended growth processes, this advantage includes:
- Compact units with small size.
- Increased treatment capacity.
- Complete solids removal.
- Improved settling characteristics.
- Operation at higher suspended biomass.
- Concentrations leading to long sludge retention times.
- Enhanced process stability.
- Low head loss.
- No filter channeling.
- No need of periodic backwashing.
- Reduced sludge production and no problems with Sludge bulking.
Mode of MBBR Technology operation
Feed water (usually water coming directly form overflow) is flowing upwards through the moving filter bed. Filtrated water is discharged at the top and into the sump. Solids are retained and the established biomass converts organic solids into No3. In order to maximize oxygen levels and the growth f the aerobic bacteria, air is injected into the moving media bed to create ideal operating conditions for the filters’ biomass.
Filter bed aeration
The required aeration within the filter is established by using a rigid aeration grid. The grit is fed by both high pressured air releasing air bubbles at the bottom of the filter bed, that move upwards. Oxygen uptake by the biomass on the moving/floating media is highly efficient, as these are moving slowly downwards, creating a moving bed vortex.
- MAT RAS presenting our latest plug & play Recirculating Aquaculture System #RAS @euroseafood Join us for a coffee a… https://t.co/DKPwktchZB 2d ago
- MAT RAS is the new independent department of MAT FILTRATION TECHNOLOGIES focused on Fish Farm Filtration Systems &… https://t.co/mRMwA88ttG 2d ago
- @MAT_LSS and @parquesreunidos working together in what will be the first interactive aquarium in Madrid… https://t.co/g8MBiiYRwL 6d ago
- A sample of the filtration quality by @MAT_LSS at @PoemaDelMar Aquarium! #matlss #matfiltration… https://t.co/efQfdYUPYT 1 week ago
- @MAT_LSS says present in the 24th edition of the @DEALIEC Middle East show in Dubai, the largest amusement and leis… https://t.co/b5M1Tw3osf 2 weeks ago
- @MAT_LSS honored to be part of the first interactive aquarium in Madrid, the #XanaduAquarium! Our second large… https://t.co/fgEDNsFDak 3 weeks ago
- Presenting our new #Aquaculture #Equipment at Seafood Expo Global 2018 #Brussels Booth #8-4594! Exhibiting n… https://t.co/QACup2wKIC 1 month ago
- Our #matlssteam at the Istanbul International Pool Show 2018! Always seeking for the latest and more innovative… https://t.co/J0d2SzrzPb 1 month ago
- Once more #matlss goes after the latest production and process technology trends at WIN EURASIA 2018 in Istanbul!… https://t.co/8hn2K0hMNL 1 month ago
- Education First! Our @MAT_LSS managerial team assisting the “Effective Management Skills Training Seminar” in I… https://t.co/dcboJe4RNp 2 months ago
MAT LSS Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter by filling your name, your email and the company you work for below.