MBBR Technology – Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor
This is an advanced biological reactor for aquaculture and aquarium wastewater treatment. MAT Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR). Moving Bed technology presents several operational advantages, compared to other conventional LSS biological treatments. Smaller biological reactor volumes and smaller secondary settling surface are needed in order for bacteria slime to settle and nourish.
Scientifically proven results indicate that a properly designed MBBR Technology with polyethylene media as Biofilm carrier possess great potential to be used for OMS removal from aquaculture wastewater. The moving bed Biofilm process may be used as an ideal and efficient option for the total nutrient removal from a closed circuit aquaculture or public aquarium waste water treatment.
Advantages of MBBR Moving Bed Biofilm Processes
The MBBR is a complete mix, continuous flow through process which combines the advantage of fixed film and suspended growth processes, this advantage includes:
- Compact units with small size.
- Increased treatment capacity.
- Complete solids removal.
- Improved settling characteristics.
- Operation at higher suspended biomass.
- Concentrations leading to long sludge retention times.
- Enhanced process stability.
- Low head loss.
- No filter channeling.
- No need of periodic backwashing.
- Reduced sludge production and no problems with Sludge bulking.
Mode of MBBR Technology operation
Feed water (usually water coming directly form overflow) is flowing upwards through the moving filter bed. Filtrated water is discharged at the top and into the sump. Solids are retained and the established biomass converts organic solids into No3. In order to maximize oxygen levels and the growth f the aerobic bacteria, air is injected into the moving media bed to create ideal operating conditions for the filters’ biomass.
Filter bed aeration
The required aeration within the filter is established by using a rigid aeration grid. The grit is fed by both high pressured air releasing air bubbles at the bottom of the filter bed, that move upwards. Oxygen uptake by the biomass on the moving/floating media is highly efficient, as these are moving slowly downwards, creating a moving bed vortex.
- Limited time only sale 50% discount on our Ozone Generators! to celebrate our registration in EUOTA! Don't miss… https://t.co/IxbtHg2UDq 1d ago
- And here is a flying MAT Protein Skimmer landing to @biomuseo ! The installation is progressing smoothly on s… https://t.co/4isDGLQ4au 5d ago
- We proudly announce that since January 2019 MAT FILTRATION TECHNOLOGIES has become a member of the EUOTA (European… https://t.co/01r6LCDask 1 week ago
- We wish you a very Happy Holiday season and a prosperous New Year! #matlss #matras #matpools #matfiltration… https://t.co/VTQulr06nn 3 weeks ago
- The 5th project lately where MAT is called to design, fabricate and commission special life support systems for pen… https://t.co/kgRoHULvgK 1 month ago
- Once again @LoroParque leads the way for other zoos on water quality for aquatic animals! View more at… https://t.co/YX3mz9yPOd 2 months ago
- Cyber Monday on MAT for 48 hours only! Click to get the discount code and reach our sales team to apply your discou… https://t.co/gcLUJenydS 2 months ago
- So what MAT Front End Engineering team does with a #Nutella??? #MAT #VEGA #aquaculture #system #GermanTechnology… https://t.co/w0kugjheQS 2 months ago
- Thank you all for visiting us at @PiscineGlobal! If you are a contractor in the swimming pool or waterpark industry… https://t.co/k5AzMl7BZF 2 months ago
- Having some fun after a busy day at @PiscineGlobal #matpools #piscineglobaleurope #matlss #matfiltration… https://t.co/idQxcfwIc0 2 months ago
MAT LSS Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter by filling your name, your email and the company you work for below.