MAT Moving Bed Filters
MAT MOVING BED BIOFILM REACTORS are biological filters, designed to efficiently enable the organic load degradation, either as a part of a Life Support System or more generally, as an apparatus to treat any Wastewater Treatment Process. The MAT MBBR bio tower, is made of Polypropylene, robust to withstand harsh operation conditions. The MAT MBBR range covers the treatment needs for Biomass load from 31 up to 850kg per bio-tower, utilizing low water volume and small footprint. The non-treated water stream is continuously mixed with air in the MAT MBBR, while the organic load is degraded biologically by microorganisms. This biofilm layer is formed on and in suspended polyethylene media.
OFFER, USE & APPLICATION OF AQUARIUM MBBRs
MAT Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor is an advanced and complete solution for organic load removal. MAT Moving Bed Biofilm Reactors are applicable to Aquariums, Aquaculture Facilities Life Support System & generally to any wastewater treatment process.
OPERATION & ENGINEERING OF MBBR
The Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor receives the overflowed and loaded with organic pollutants from service facilities water, at its vessel base, leading it subsequently upwards through the moving filter bed, to be discharged on the top and inside to the reactor vessel. The polyethylene bio-balls surface is used for the moving bed biofilm layer of the microorganisms’ growth and activity. The microorganisms’ biofilm activity converts the organic load to NO3 is enhanced by continuous air injection into the moving bed volume. MAT special design has optimized the air mixing process through high pressure air injection and fine air bubble subsequent formulation.
ADVANTAGES OF MBBR
- Advanced Reactor design, Robust and Proper for saline water use
- Combination of the advantages of fixed film and suspended growth process
- Long Lasting Polyethylene moving bed media
- Higher suspended biomass
- Concentrations leading to long sludge retention time
- Enhanced process stability
- Small Biological Reactor volume
- Smaller required surface for microorganisms’ growth and activity
- No filter channeling
- Low head pressure loss
- Reduced sludge production
- No need of periodic backwashing
- No sludge bulking
- Complete organic load removal
- Compact Unit with increased treating process capacity